29 de junho de 2004

bloomsday

STATELY, PLUMP BUCK MULLIGAN CAME FROM THE STAIRHEAD, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed. A yellow dressing gown, ungirdled, was sustained gently-behind him by the mild morning air. He held the bowl aloft and intoned:

Introibo ad altare Dei.
........

.....and O that awful deepdown torrent O and the sea the sea crimson sometimes like fire and the glorious sunsets and the figtrees in the Alameda gardens yes and all the queer little streets and pink and blue and yellow houses and the rosegardens and the jessamine and geraniums and cactuses and Gibraltar as a girl where I was a Flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.


entre estes dois pedaços de escrita... está o meu livro favorito.
uma paixão que me acompanhou muitos anos.
um livro que me acompanhou em muitas viagens em muitos momentos... seguramente o livro que li mais vezes... seguramente o livro que mais me apaixonou.

é uma historia simples....
uma história da paixão por uma cidade, contada como se de um dia de um dos seus anónimos habitantes se tratasse. a história do senhor bloom e de quem com ele se cruzou no dia 16 de junho de 1904. há 100 anos mais uns pózinhos.

por via do euro e da poeira levantada á volta do governo.... só hoje me dei conta que me esqueci desta data...

como qualquer amante do ulisses, percorri as ruas de dublin a refazer o percuso de leopold bloom... desde a porta da casa número 7 de eccles strett, que já não existe... até ao regresso ao ponto de partida.
o pubs, a maternidade, a biblioteca, os correios... o que já só existe na memória. e o que lá está...
é razoavel?
provavelmente não é.
afinal é apenas um livro
mas também é uma paixão...
e as paixões não se explicam...
felizmente

Sem comentários: