26 de outubro de 2007

lizz wright, stop

lizz wright é 'apenas' umas das melhores vozes femininas da área dos blues/soul/jazz.
este 'stop', já cantado por utras madonnas é um dos melhores exemplos da excelência da sua voz.

deliciem-se.

don´t tell me to stop
tell the rain not to drop
tell the wind not to blow
because you said so

tell me love is not true
it´s just something we do
tell me everything i´m not
but don´t tell me to stop

tell the sun not to shine
not to get up this time
let it fall by the way
leave me here, where i lay

tell the leaves not to turn
but don´t tell me i´ll learn
take the black off a crow
but don´t tell me to go

tell the bed not to lay
like the mouth of a grave
not to stare up at me
like a calf on its knees

keep on telling me love isn't true
it's just something we do
tell me everything that i'm not
but don't tell me to stop

Sem comentários: